If you are interested in Baptizing your infant, our child under 7 years of age at St. John Vianney Catholic Church, please read below.
- Parents must first register at the Parish. There is no cost for Parish Registration.
- Register for Baptism in the Parish Office.
- Parish Registration Form Online Click HERE
- Suppose the parents or the godparents are not registered members of St. John Vianney Parish. In that case, you must supply a form from the Parish in which you are registered (that contains the Pastor’s signature and the Parish Seal) permitting you to Baptize or attest to the eligibility to be a godparent.
- Bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of custody if this is an issue. Both parents must consent to the baptism.
- Parents and godparents are expected to participate in a Baptismal Seminar. Arrangements to do so can only be done once the office has received all documents. If taking the seminar outside of the parish, the parish with whom it is taken should provide a certificate. Certificates older than two years are not accepted.
- After participating in a seminar, you can contact the Parish Baptism Coordinator and schedule your child’s Baptism from the available dates. Baptisms are held at St. John Vianney once a month.
- You will receive a certificate at the Baptism if all requirements have been met.
Is there a Cost for Baptism?
The Parish requires a $35 fee for materials related to the Baptism. This also covers the required seminar.
What is the proper attire?
The child should wear a white garment, symbolizing their Christian dignity. Others present should dress in a manner which reflects respect for God, the Church, and the Sacrament. Please dress modestly and appropriately.
What are the requirements to be a Godparent?
The Church considers the role of godparents crucial because they guide and teachers of the Catholic faith with the parents of these children. Therefore, the Church has specific requirements to be a godparent written in Canon Law.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must have celebrated your Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion.
- You must be a practicing Catholic. This includes participation in the Mass every Sunday.
- You must be a Catholic who is in good standing with the Church. For example, if you are married, you must be married in the Catholic Church.
Children 7 years or older and all adults seeking Baptism should contact the faith formation office at 407-855-3951 or come by the church office. We would be happy to help you receive this important sacrament.