Online Baptism Registration Form
English form click here: https://forms.gle/41Zt66Db74VanWTo8
Spanish form click here: https://forms.gle/5qRGivpe7ieEMyjHA
If you are interested in Baptizing your infant our child under 7 years of age at St. John Vianney Catholic Church please read below.
- Parents must first register at the Parish. There is no cost for Parish Registration.
- Register for Baptism in the Parish Office.
- If the parents or the godparents are not registered members of St. John Vianney Parish, you will need to supply a form from the Parish in which you are registered (that contains the Pastor’s signature and the Parish Seal) giving permission to Baptize or attesting to the eligibility to be a godparent.
- Bring a copy of your child’s birth certificate and proof of custody if this is an issue. Both parents must consent to the baptism. Please bring the required $35 materials fee.
- Parents and godparents are expected to participate in a Baptismal Seminar. Arrangements to do so can only be done once all documents have been received by the office.
- After you have participated in a seminar, you can contact the Parish Baptism Coordinator and schedule your child’s Baptism from the available dates. Baptisms are held at St. John Vianney once a month.
- If all requirements have been met, you will receive a certificate at the Baptism.
Is there a Cost for Baptism?
The Parish requires a $35 fee for materials related to the Baptism. This also covers the required seminar.
What is the proper attire?
The child should wear a white garment, symbolizing their Christian dignity. Others present should dress in a manner which reflects respect for God, the Church, and the Sacrament. Please dress modestly and appropriately.
What are the requirements to be a Godparent?
The Church considers the role of godparent to be very important because they have a special role in the faith life of the child [or adult]. therefore, the Church has certain requirements to be a godparent that are written in Canon Law.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You must have celebrated your Baptism, Confirmation, and First Communion.
- You must be a practicing Catholic. This includes participation in the Mass every Sunday.
- You must be a Catholic who is in good standing with the Church. For example, if you are married you must be married in the Catholic Church.
Children 7 years of age or older and all adults seeking Baptism should contact the faith formation office at 407-855-3951 or come by the church office. We would be happy to help you receive this important sacrament.