Welcome to St. John Vianney Youth Ministry. Our Youth Ministry is open to all grades 6th – College. Youth Ministry is part of the parish community and empowers the young church to enter into the life and mission of the Catholic Church. Our ministry implements the eight components of youth ministry as outlined in the Bishop’s document, Renewing the Vision.
The Eight Components of Comprehensive Youth Ministry
- The Ministry of Advocacy: giving voice to the young church
- The Ministry of Catechesis: increasing the faith knowledge of teens
- The Ministry of Pastoral Care: providing care during times of crisis, promoting positive strategies for development
- The Ministry of Evangelization: sharing the Good News
- The Ministry of Leadership Development: calling forth the gifts and talents of teens and empowering them to share them
- The Ministry of Community of Life: building the Body of Christ through positive relationships
- The Ministry of Prayer and Worship: recognizing and nurturing the relationship teens have with God
- The Ministry of Service and Justice: calling young people into the life and mission of the Church
Want to get involved? Youth Ministry has an open door and young people are welcome to step into the ministry at any time. Friends, Catholic and non-Catholic, are welcome to join us. For return visits, a registration form will need to be completed. All forms are available here.
Parents matter… a lot! The National Study of Youth and Religion has shown that parents are the most important factor in the faith lives of adolescents. Additionally, the Catholic Church recognizes that parents are create the domestic church and the former’s of their children’s faith. St. John Vianney welcomes and encourages parental involvement. Parents who feel called to join in this ministry may call the youth office for more information. Fingerprinting through the Diocese of Orlando is required.
Join us on Wednesday evenings at 6:00PM for our Bilingual mass, ministry follows in the Youth Room.
For more information or questions please call 407-855-5391 #222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org